Q: My roommate moved out under not so good terms and won’t talk to me. She still owes me money for rent, NIPSCO and cable. She accidently left one of her credit cards behind and I was going to use it just to recoup my loss and just pay her share of the costs. Is this legal to do without getting in trouble or going to jail?

A: Well, of course you can go to jail! It is a crime to knowingly use a credit card that has been stolen, forged, canceled, revoked or otherwise unauthorized. Please destroy or give back the credit card. If you feel she owes you money by a verbal or written agreement, then small claims court is for you.

(0) comments

Welcome to the discussion.

Keep it Clean. Please avoid obscene, vulgar, lewd, racist or sexually-oriented language.
Don't Threaten. Threats of harming another person will not be tolerated.
Be Truthful. Don't knowingly lie about anyone or anything.
Be Nice. No racism, sexism or any sort of -ism that is degrading to another person.
Be Proactive. Use the 'Report' link on each comment to let us know of abusive posts.
Share with Us. We'd love to hear eyewitness accounts, the history behind an article.