La PORTE COUNTY – The Mobile Health Unit of La Porte Hospital will be out in the community throughout May to provide bone density screenings and to educate on Chronic Fatigue Syndrome and Alzheimer’s Disease.
Chronic fatigue syndrome (CFS) is a complicated disorder characterized by extreme fatigue that can't be explained by any underlying medical condition. The fatigue may worsen with physical or mental activity, but doesn't improve with rest.
Alzheimer's disease is a progressive disease that destroys memory and other important mental functions. At first, someone with Alzheimer's disease may notice mild confusion and difficulty remembering. Eventually, people with the disease may even forget important people in their lives and undergo dramatic personality changes.
Come and visit our Mobile Health Unit to learn more about these two important topics. The Mobile Health Unit program has been made possible by the Healthcare Foundation of La Porte.
Dates and times of the Mobile Health Unit visits are:
• 11:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m., May 4, La Porte Hospital, 1007 Lincoln Way, La Porte
• 9 to 10 a.m., May 4, La Porte County Family YMCA, 901 Michigan Ave., La Porte
• 1:30 to 2:30 p.m., May 8, Kroger, 55 Pine Lake Ave., La Porte
• 11:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m., May 8, Al’s Supermarket, 702 E. Lincoln Way, La Porte
• 11 a.m. to Noon, May 8, Good Will Industries, 1509 E. Lincoln Way, La Porte
• 2 to 3:00 p.m., May 10, Al's Supermarket, 3535 Franklin St., Michigan City
• 1 to 2 p.m., May 16, Kabelin’s, 512 Andrew Ave, La Porte
• 12:30 to 1:30 p.m., May 24, The Pax Center, 605 Washington St., La Porte
• 1:30 to 2:20 p.m., May 22, Good Will Industries, 3822 Franklin St., Michigan City
• 11 a.m. to Noon, May 22, Salvation Army, 3240 Monroe St., La Porte