Blood drives planned for December
MICHIGAN CITY – The American Red Cross has an urgent need for blood and platelet donors to give now to ensure blood is available for medical treatments and emergencies during the holiday season. Blood and platelet donations often decline during the holidays. Regular donors are busy with holiday activities, and travel, and severe winter weather may cause blood drive cancellations.
In thanks for helping meet the urgent need around the holidays, all those who come to donate blood or platelets through Dec. 19 will receive a $5 Amazon.com Gift Card via email. Details are available at RedCrossBlood.org/Together. Make an appointment to donate blood or platelets by visiting RedCrossBlood.org or calling 800-733-2767.
December blood drives are planned in:
• Dec. 4, 12-6 p.m. at St. John's United Church of Christ, 101 St. John Rd.;
• Dec. 19, 2-8 p.m., St. Luke United Lutheran Church, 2000 E. Coolspring Ave.
• Dec. 10, 12-6 p.m. at First Church of God, 2020 E. Lincoln Way;
• Dec. 18, 1-6 p.m. at Trinity Lutheran Church, 907 Michigan Ave.
• Dec. 4, 8:30 a.m.-1:30 p.m. at South Central Junior-Senior High School, 9808 S. CR- 600W.
La Porte Hospital offers exercise classes
La PORTE – A variety of exercise and de-stress classes are available with a membership or $5 one-week trial at The Crossing of La Porte Hospital or the Wellness & Rehab Center in New Carlisle. Classes include:
• Zumba, a cardio workout that combines Latin music with dance and fitness moves. Classes are 6-7 p.m. Mondays, 5:30-6:30 a.m. Tuesdays and Thursdays, and 8-9 a.m. Saturdays at The Crossing, 1203 Washington St., La Porte.
• Zumba Gold, a Zumba workout at a less intense pace. Classes are 7:45-8:45 a.m., Tuesdays and Thursdays at The Crossing.
• Zumba toning focuses on body sculpting. Classes are from 4-5 p.m. Tuesdays and Thursdays, 6-7 p.m. Wednesdays, and 5:30-6:30 a.m. Fridays at The Crossing.
• Yoga helps reduce stress, and increases flexibility and strength. Classes are 6-7 a.m. Mondays at The Crossing.
• Chair Yoga helps reduce stress and increases relaxation. Classes 10-11 a.m. Thursdays at The Crossing.
• Strength Training helps you tone up, burn calories, and stay strong. Classes are 8:50-9:40 a.m. Tuesdays and Thursdays, and 9-9:30 a.m. Saturdays at The Crossing.
• Circuit Training is a fast-paced, challenging combination of aerobics and strength training. Classes are 5:05-6 p.m. Tuesdays and Thursdays at The Crossing; and 4:30-5:15 p.m. (CST) on Tuesdays and Thursdays at the Wellness & Rehab Center, 8988 E. U.S. 20, New Carlisle.
For more information, call 855-214-3681 or visit laportehealth.com.