MC resident named to Dean's List at Gonzaga University
SPOKANE, Wash. — Dominic Vernon earned placement on the Gonzaga University Dean's List for spring semester 2019. Students must earn a 3.5 to 3.84 grade-point average to be listed.
Gonzaga University is a humanistic, private Catholic University providing a Jesuit education to more than 7,500 students. Situated along the Spokane River near downtown Spokane, Wash., Gonzaga is routinely recognized among the West's best comprehensive regional universities. Gonzaga offers 75 fields of study, 23 master's degrees, four doctoral degrees in one college and six schools.
MC resident among NIU graduates
DeKALB, Ill. — Northern Illinois University celebrated commencement weekend, May 11 and 12. Included among the more than 3,000 graduates were the following local students:
• Palmer Bubb, Bachelor of Science, Mechanical Engineering, of Michigan City
• Heather Herakovich, Doctor of Philosophy, Biological Sciences, of Westville
Skylar Brinkman makes Loyola Dean's List
CHICAGO — Skylar Brinkman of La Porte has been named to the College of Arts and Sciences' Dean's List at Loyola University Chicago.
In the tradition of Jesuit higher education, the College of Arts and Sciences of Loyola University Chicago is dedicated to excellence in undergraduate education.
UA Announces Graduation List for Spring 2019
TUSCALOOSA, Ala. — The University of Alabama awarded some 5,716 degrees during its spring commencement May 3-5.
With a beautiful campus, dozens of challenging academic programs, expert faculty and numerous opportunities for service and growth, The University of Alabama is a place where legends are made. UA offers its students a premier educational, cultural and social experience with more than 200 undergraduate, graduate and professional programs. The campus gives students the opportunity to interact with faculty performing cutting-edge research.
Among the recipients were:
• Alex Deutscher of Michigan City, Bachelor of Science in Chemical Engineering.
• Courtney Alyse Dimitris of La Porte, Bachelor of Science in Athletic Training.
• Taryn Nicole Trusty of Chesterton, Master of Business Administration.
Dean's, President's Lists Students Named for UA Spring 2019 Term
TUSCALOOSA, Ala. — A total of 11,406 students enrolled during the 2019 spring term at The University of Alabama were named to the Dean's List with an academic record of 3.5 or above or the President's List with an academic record of 4.0 (all A's).
The UA Dean's and President's lists recognize full-time undergraduate students. The lists do not apply to graduate students or to undergraduate students who take less than a full course load.
Among the students were:
• Moira Blake of La Porte, Dean's List.
• Jennifer Haggerty of Porter, Dean's List.
George M. Eisenhauer named to Dean's List at Colby College
WATERVILLE, Maine — George M. Eisenhauer of Beverly Shores was recently named to the highly selective Dean's List at Colby College in Waterville, Maine, for outstanding academic achievement during the spring semester of the 2018-19 academic year. Eisenhauer is one of 443 Colby students-or 23 percent of the qualified student body-to have earned a spot on the Dean's List last semester.
Eisenhauer, a member of the Class of 2022, attended La Lumiere School and is the son of Donald and Mary Jane Eisenhauer of Beverly Shores, Ind. Eisenhauer earned a semester grade point average of 3.78 or higher this spring to be included on Colby's Dean's List.
La Porte County students graduate from Manchester University
NORTH MANCHESTER, Ind. - Manchester University conferred undergraduate, professional and graduate degrees to 331 students on May 18.
La Porte County students receiving a degree:
• La Porte: Roman Angone, Bachelor of Arts, magna cum laude, with a double major in psychology and modern languages; Carly Kwiecien, Bachelor of Science, magna cum laude, with double major in communication studies and English; Joshua McCoy, Bachelor of Science, cum laude, in accounting; Cassandra Nickerson, Bachelor of Arts with a double major business management and Spanish; Matthew Pritz, Bachelor of Science in business management; Mitchell Espinosa, Bachelor of Arts in history; Abigail McVay, Bachelor of Science in psychology
• Rolling Prairie: Brianna Hill, Bachelor of Arts, magna cum laude, with a double major in business management and Spanish
• Westville: Nicholas Haynes, Bachelor of Arts in marketing; Emily Rogers, Bachelor of Science, cum laude, criminal justice
North Liberty native Schutz earns degree from Alvernia University
READING, Pa. — Marisa Schutz of North Liberty has earned a Bachelor of Arts degree in Political Science with a minor in Music. Schutz completed studies at Main Campus summa cum laude.
Reverend Ronald Bowman, Alvernia's chaplain, led Baccalaureate Mass at the Physical Education Center before the processional began at Santander Arena for the institution's 58th commencement ceremony.