MICHIGAN CITY — A tuba player will be the guest soloist during the eighth concert of the 151st season of the Michigan City Municipal Band (MCMB). The show will take place 7:30 p.m. Thursday, July 25, at the Guy F. Foreman Bicentennial Amphitheater in Washington Park.
Guest soloist on the July 25 concert will be Dakota Maze, tuba. Maze serves as principal tuba in the MCMB, and also plays tuba in Windiana and the La Porte City Band. He recently graduated from Valparaiso University with a degree in tuba performance. Maze will perform "Beelzebub" by Andrea Catozzi.
The Michigan City Municipal Band July 25 concert repertoire will be:
• The Star-Spangled Banner
• Our Cast Aways by Julie Giroux
• Beelzebub by Andrea Catozzi (Dakota Maze, tuba soloist)
• Moulin Rouge arr. Michael Brown (Sarah DeRossi, conductor)
• Circus Galop by John Philip Sousa
• On a Hymnsong of Philip Bliss by David Holsinger
• James Reese Europe’s 369th Hellfighter Band by James Reese Europe
• The Symphonic Beatles arr. John Cacavas
• Patriotic sing along: From Sea to Shining Sea (America, the Beautiful), arr. Maurice Whitney
The MCMB 151st season consists of 10 free Thursday concerts, beginning June 6, and ending Aug. 8. Concerts designed to entertain audience members of all ages.
All of the concerts are free, and everyone is welcome. School band members and young children are especially encouraged to attend. Parking on Lake Shore Drive is prohibited. Parking is available in the lots closest to the amphitheater, as well as the Senior Center. Entrance to the park is free with a Michigan City Park sticker; otherwise, there is a small parking fee.